9-26-20 Starke COVID Update And New Procedures…
Hello Starke Family,
Well, it looks like there’s another little storm coming but this one looks to be a speed bump in the road compared to our lockdown in March.
The great thing about the recent news from our perspective is that we can still do what we love by helping to train, coach, and provide strength and conditioning options for our members physical and mental health like we’ve always done.
With the province moving to a Code Orange for COVID procedures this will change a few things here at Starke BEGINNING MONDAY SEPTEMBER 28th 2020
The changes are as follows…
- Everyone entering the building MUST be wearing a mask in all common areas including but not limited to the front lobby, bathrooms / changerooms, turf* & mezzanine.
- Masks WILL need to be worn until a member enters their training square. This includes individuals coming in earlier to warm up and mobilize on the turf, in the rack or anywhere outside of their training space.
- Members WILL NOT need to wear masks during workouts.
- Masks will need to be put on if a member in class leaves their training space to refill water bottles in the front lobby, use the washroom or when social distancing practices cannot be achieved within the facility.
- Any parents coming in for kids programs MUST wear masks while in the facility if they are not training alongside them.
- Coaches will be wearing masks while coaching classes and working with PT clients.
Please help us to keep our members as safe as possible by continuing to
- Stay home and self-quarantine if you’ve been traveling or have come into contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID 19 OR may be awaiting results from a COVID-19 test for two weeks
- Stay home if you have ANY signs of illness including but not limited to cough or sore throat, sneezing, runny nose, or fever
- Wash or sanitize your hands with provided hand sanitizer immediately upon entry into the facility
- Cleaning & sanitizing all equipment used with the provided Saniblend spray dissinfectant and rags.
We are fortunate to remain open and allow members to come train with us. Some facilities in the city are no longer around and this is a small price to pay to allow us to maintain our health and fitness so please help us to maintain a high standard of cleanliness and consistency while training here at Starke.
Classes sizes will still be limited to 16 people per class which is still sitting at 29% capacity based on having 20 people in the building. Please make sure to sign up well in advance on Zen Planner to allow coaches to plan warmups and class flow effectively.
The following are some recommendations for training in a group setting and keeping yourself and everyone around you safe…
- If you happen to be sharing equipment, please do so with family members or individuals you are in contact with on a daily basis.
- Sanitize equipment between sets if you’re sharing
- Wear reusable full fingered gloves and wash them in between classes for an additional barrier against surfaces.
- Cover up any open sores on your hands that may come into contact with surfaces as this is an easier way for infection to spread or be contracted.
- Wear a mask if you cannot maintain social distancing practices during a workout or in social settings where you don’t know other individuals.
We thank all of you for your continued support and for keeping our gym a safe training space for all.
If you have any questions, concerns or suggestions please feel free to reach out to us by emailing email@example.com and we’re happy to help.
Stay safe and stay strong everyone.
The Starke Team